Kapinara Primary School
Students Arrival and Departure in Term 2 until further notice
We will use all available staff, to greet children and parents at or near school perimeters, and facilitate the children’s entry onto the school site. Parents of children in Kindergarten, Pre-Primary and Year 1 will pass their child directly to a staff member, who will then guide the child to his/her teacher.
Kindergarten children will enter from the northern perimeter of the Kindergarten. Tomorrow morning parents and children will be met by Mrs Knowles at the base of the stairs near the Kindy gate, and by Mrs Mee and/or Mrs Ziino at the Kindy gate. We have extended the arrival time from 8:30 – 9:00am, so that children can spread out arrival times. Could those with older siblings please arrive 8:30-8:40am. Those who usually arrive ‘on time’ arrive 8:40-8:50am, and those who tend to arrive a little later, arrive 8:50-9:00am.
Pre-Primary children are asked to arrive between 8:30 and 8:45am, and to enter from Styne St and will be met at the top of the stairs by two members of the Pre-Primary team (Mrs Minissale, Mrs Loleva, Mrs George, Mrs Mansfield or Ms Sharpe). A special welcome back to Cindi Sharpe!! One of the two staff members will take small numbers of children to the PP classrooms as they arrive, so there will be someone greeting families at the gate at all times.
Year 1, and possibly Year 2
Year 1 students, and any Year 2 students who might be feeling a little anxious are asked to arrive bwteen 8:25 – 8:40am, and to enter from the path on Catesby St. I will meet them at the top of the path and watch them walk down the path to the quadrangle where another staff member will be waiting to meet them. Tomorrow this will be Miss Li. Miss Li will watch them go directly to their class teacher, who will be waiting for them at their class. Year 2 students will also go straight to class.
Year 3-6 students
Students in Years 2-6 may arrive FROM 8:20 to 8:40am, and should enter from either Catesby St; or from Oban Road or Dupont Ave via the oval. One or two staff members will meet students on the oval, so parents can see their children meeting an adult. Tomorrow this will be Mr Hodgson and Miss Burrows, who will guide students to the quadrangle, where those in Years 3-6 will assemble. These students will line up in their classes, with their class teachers, just prior to the siren.
At the end of the day, Kindergarten and Pre-Primary children will be dismissed from the top of the relevant set of stairs, where they arrived in the morning. Students will be in these areas five minutes prior to their regular pick up time.
Children in Years 1-6 will be dismissed as follows:
- Children in Years 1-6 with siblings who will be collected from Kiss and Drive (who are not cycling to and from school) will be dismissed first and will meet in the quadrangle. This week we will ask older siblings to collect their younger sibling in Year 1 or 2 from the classroom.
- Individual children in Years 1 and 6 who will be collected from Kiss and Drive.
- Children in Years 1-6 with siblings will meet in the quadrangle (younger siblings will be collected from their class) and will move to Catesby St or the school oval.
- Individual children in Years 1 and 2 will be walked to grassed area between the front office and the path on Catesby St, by a staff member, and passed on to parents and carers waiting on Catesby St (1.5m apart!!)
- Individual children in Years 3-6 will move to staff members on the school oval, and then on to their parents/carers if being collected from Oban Rd or Dupont Ave.