KAPINARA PRIMARY SCHOOL
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Arrangements from Week 6, Term 1 2021
- Children in Years 1-6 should aim to arrive between about 8:20 and 8:35am. This enables students to be ready to start learning at 8:45am.
- Parents continue to be welcome to drop children off in the quadrangle if they wish.
- Pre-Primary children are asked to meet PP staff in ‘The Patch’ between 8:30 and 8:40am.
- Children arriving after 8:45am will need to stop at the school office to collect a ‘late slip’ before heading to their class.
- Parents who wish to, can collect their child/children from the quadrangle from 3:00pm. Please be reminded that you will need to park in areas other than the ‘Kiss and Drive’ section on Catesby St.
- We also seek your support in adhering to the ‘2 square metre per person venue capacity rule, and that adults maintain a distance of 1.5 metres where possible’, consistent with Phase Four of the State Government’s Roadmap and Department of Education protocols
- We also ask that adults arrive just prior to 3:00pm so that classes can continue until 3:00pm, particularly where students and teachers are using the quadrangle, undercover area and basketball courts.
- The Kiss and Drive section on Catesby St will return to running strictly in a ‘Kiss and Drive’ That is, drivers will be expected to remain in cars in this section, and to collect children and move off from the front of the queue, one at a time.
- Cars arriving in the Kiss and Drive section will be expected to join the back of the queue, and move forward as the cars in front of them move forward.
- Children will need to enter cars in the Kiss and Drive section immediately in front of the school office (this usually applies to the first five or six cars).
- Staff will wait with students in front of the school office, and children in Years 1 and 2 will be released from here as parents’/carers’ cars are among the first few in line.
- Pre-Primary students can be collected from The Patch at 3:00pm.
- Children with a younger sibling who is being collected from the Pre-Primary can continue to meet parents/carers at the Pre-Primary (in ‘The Patch’)
- Kindergarten students can be collected from the grassed area between the Kindy and Pre-Primary outdoor play areas.
- Children with a younger sibling who is being collected from Kindy can meet parents/carers in this area, although children in P-6 won’t be released until 3:00pm
Elizabeth Blackwell, Principal
9 March 2021