New P&C Treasurer Needed
Sadly for us, Kapinara’s current P&C Treasurer Anna Larson is moving interstate in term 3, which means that we are looking for a new Treasurer to manage the P&C’s finances and operations. The role of the Treasurer is as follows:
- Prepare and present a written report for every P&C meeting (2x Tuesday nights per term), including an up-to-date bank account reconciliation and a statement of receipts and payments;
- Manage all the P&C’s accounts including Canteen, Uniform Shop and all fundraising, as well as contributions to the School;
- Complete tax and superannuation related documents;
- Prepare the P&C’s accounts for audit (annual/bi-annual);
- While not essential, experience as an accountant is preferred along with recent experience of Xero and other cloud-based accounting software, as well as an understanding of non-for-profit reporting requirements.
If you or someone you know would be interested in taking on this role and contributing to the vital operation of our P&C, please contact Kate Rowlands Marquis at email@example.com / 0437 005 173.
Last but certainly not least, a HUGE thank you to Anna for all her hard work and support for the P&C over the last 3 years – you will be missed!
Uniform Shop Help Needed
We are seeking a Uniform Shop co-ordinator to assist with and eventually take over running of our Uniform Shop. This is an important volunteer role which is well supported by the P&C and other volunteers, and is flexible in terms of days required for those with younger children in kindy or day care. If you are interested in finding out more, please reply to this email.
Canteen: New Menu Items
Have you seen the new items that have been added to our Canteen menu? Watermelon cups (recess/lunch) and Penne Napoletana (tomato-based lunchtime pasta) are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, while mini pizzas are now available on Tuesdays (recess only). Order now via QuickCliq.
The Perth Netball Association’s Winter Netball season is due to start on 18 July, with games running until late September at Matthews Netball Centre. We’re currently looking for players to join a year 2/3 Kapinara team, who will play on Wednesdays at 4.15pm. If students from other year levels are interested, please email Nikki ASAP for team availability at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve got a large number of items currently sitting in our Lost Property area. Teachers are doing their best to match any items with name tags to children, but without a name tag they can’t help. Don’t forget to have your child look through lost property if they are missing something!