It was wonderful to welcome all but one of our Kindergarten groups to school today. The children seemed well rested and happy to be back, so it was a great start to the term and the school year.
Thank you for your cooperation and support with this morning’s drop-off arrangements, and this afternoon’s pick-up. We will continue with these arrangements for the next four days. The next couple of days will enable us to evaluate how things are working, and what will be put in place to enable you to meet your children’s teachers with more than a greeting of ‘hello’.
- Kindergarten children will follow the plan emailed by Mrs Mee and Mrs Norton-Smith yesterday.
- Pre-Primary students will continue to arrive and depart in two scheduled groups for the remainder of this week.
- Students in Years 1-6 are asked to arrive in two groups for one more day only however, as we don’t anticipate as many adults on site in the morning from Wednesday onwards.
- Children in Years 1 and 2 will be released in two groups for the remainder of this week. Children in Mrs Chipps’, Mrs Tombides’ and Mrs Tusak’s classes will be out the front to meet parents at 2:50pm.
- Children in Miss Stewart’s and Mrs Jackson’s/Mrs Jonklaas’s class will be out the front just before 3:00pm.
Could parents please wait at or near the top of the grassed area between the office and Catesby St, rather than at the bottom of the path to enable children (particularly the Year 1 and 2 children) to flow through from the quadrangle to the path in front of the office. Teachers are trying to get to know which child belongs to which parent; we want to avoid anyone walking up the staff driveway, particularly with children; AND we want the students in Years 3 -6 to be able to move comfortably up the path when they are dismissed.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this regard.
Thank you too, to those who are able to arrive and depart via the school oval, as this really helps everyone to spread out. J
I hope all our Kapinara students had a happy and productive day, and that our new students felt comfortable and welcome.
PS The Year 6 students looked FABULOUS in their (room for growth) Leavers’ jackets today!