Hi Kapinara Families old and new:
As you may have heard, the P&C has been working closely with the school to make the end of year concert even more enjoyable and family-friendly than ever. This year’s event will be held as an outdoor concert on the top oval (adjacent to DuPont Ave) complete with raised stage. It will take advantage of the slope leading down from the top playground to the oval to create a natural amphitheatre, hopefully resulting in better viewing for all as well as space for younger siblings to play.
LOGISTICS & SEATING
Families are invited to stay and relax from 5pm onwards when they bring their children in line with the arrival times provided by the school (5:10pm for Kindy-Year 2 for a 5:30pm concert start). Bring your own seating is essential, options as follows:
- Picnic blankets and low-profile/close to the ground picnic chairs on the flat area in front of the stage and leading up to the slope – this area will be roped off and clearly indicated
- Full size picnic seating on the flat ground above the slope/under the trees next to the playground
- Feel free to move into position to take photos of your child’s class performance on the slope and upper flat areas only – please do NOT stand if you are seated on the lower flat area closest to the stage
- Kindy-Year 2 children will be free to sit with their families from intermission and the second half of the concert if staying. Year 3-6 children can sit with their families during the first half until scheduled to arrive in costume by 6:40pm.
While this isn’t a formally-seated event, normal concert protocols apply – please show your respect to our children and teachers who have worked so hard to make this event a success by keeping conversation to a minimum while students are performing.
We’ve positioned the stage to try and make sure that no-one will need to look into direct sun, but come prepared with hats, sunglasses and sunscreen as required as well as insect repellent.
As this is a picnic style event, we invite you to bring your own picnic food and beverages and enjoy a snack or light meal while you watch your children perform.
SAUSAGE SIZZLE: PRE-ORDER ONLY
The P&C, with significant assistance from the broader school and teaching community, will host a Sausage Sizzle at the event. Hot dogs (with or without onion) and water/juice/soft drinks will be available by PRE-ORDER only. Orders must be placed by 3pm on Tuesday 1 December, and will be available for pick-up during the half time break at the concert, from 6:15-6:45pm, immediately in front of the basketball court. On this occasion, there won’t be any additional items for purchase on the night so if you think you or your kids won’t be able to resist the smell of sausages sizzling, place your order now!
For sausage sizzle orders we are trialling electronic ordering using QuickCliq, the online system we use for canteen orders. This event has been set up using QuickCliq’s Fundraising Event option (though it’s not a fundraiser and no tickets are required, just a food order):
- Log in to your QuickCliq account and choose the Events tab from the top menu
- From the list of Fundraising Events, choose Kapinara EOY Concert Sausage Sizzle, then Place Order
- Using the left column checkboxes, select a quantity for each item you would like to order, then click Confirm
- On the Order Confirmation page, check “Pick Up” as the shipping option, then fill in your name and contact information, and Pay & Place Order – the order amount will be deducted from your QuickCliq account balance
You will receive a confirmation message titled “New Fundraising Order” to your email address (please check the Junk mail folder). Alternatively, you can check the Active Orders tab on your QuickCliq home page – in the selection box, scroll to Fundraising Order rather than Meal Order.
If you don’t already have a QuickCliq account, you can set one up very easily at www.quickcliq.com.au. Any money loaded into the account now will be available to use in the canteen in the 2021 school year.
If QuickCliq is not an option for your family, you can place your order via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make payment direct to the P&C bank account using your child’s surname as reference.
Sausage in a bun – $2.50
Sausage in a bun with onions – $2.50
Bottled water and juice boxes – $1.50
Soft drinks (for adults only) – $2.00
BSB: 016 305
Account number: 3408 95699
We thank you for your support of this event, and look forward to seeing you there!