While we are aware that community events are important to many people in our community, an enjoyable and successful sports carnival is first and foremost about the students. Weather forecasts suggest that there is a strong chance that Wednesday will be windy and cold, if not also wet. We have therefore made the decision to postpone the carnival until next Monday, 9 September. Monday and the days either side, appear to be both warm and fine, and are likely to mean a more positive and enjoyable event.
We appreciate that some will be pleased and others disappointed. By making the decision today, we hope to give as many as possible an opportunity to rearrange competing schedules.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Principal Kapinara Primary School